Monday, April 14, 2008

=Sum()

Problem: In the hallway there are 2 umbrellas, drying. One black, and one is yellow. Find out which one is mine, and which is Giuseppe's given my preferences towards non-yellow objects?
I had planned to go for a walk today. As i decided, i did like today's rain....


Is it possible to go to an exam and take a decision not related to Scenarios, SUMIF or AVERAGE? Oh wait, it does have something to do with "average" :)
As i was waiting for the exam to start, i, of course, in order not to waste precious moments of my life, dedicated the above mentioned time to studying the average Italian. Loud, easygoing, always with a smile, surrounded by attention, clown-ish and curly. Well..... I hate that. First of all, there are other people in the area, so there is no need for everyone to suffer from the phonic pollution which only you seem to find as funny. Second of all, try not to take all the "don't worry be happy" and "do not forget to smile" so seriously. Yes, it takes 43 muscles to smile and it does lengthen your life, but do you really want to live that long?? Think about it. Plus to that, there is no need to permanently prove that you have very expressive facial muscles. Nor do you have to always show that you can dance/ sing / tell jokes / laugh - and all at the same time. And get a haircut, dude! If not, at least comb your hair in the morning, it is known to help.
As it has been seen, i have been exposed to a totally different kind of "italian" today. The above characteristics are typical, but i have come to discover that i only accept an Italian around if he only posesses <=2 of these "qualities". Not more. I have even learned how to cope with the curly hair. It has been hard, but i guess i can live with that. I decided that i want to accept it as something cute and lovable. And yes, I can!

As i walked through the rain I decided to indeed go with the flow and let all my previous disasters remain in the past. Who knows, maybe it will work. Of course i have to close my eyes at some aspects, of course there are some things i dislike in this whole situation, but i think i can learn to accept them. I long affection and dare people to accept me as i am, and when it is my turn, i do exactly the opposite to the ones around me... So i will be more indulgent and who knows, maybe something will come out of it. I can accept curly:)

No comments: