Sunday, April 20, 2008

Strange relationship


"Do you love me?
Or am I just another trip in this strange relationship?
You push and pull me
and I'm about to loose my mind
Is this just a waste of time
keep acting like you own me
I keep running, watch me walking out that door
I hear you behind me.....

Gimme that strange relationship
Never felt pleasure and pain like this
Something so right but it feels so terribly wrong
I keep holding on
Gimme that strange relationship
One of us gotta let go of this
I keep pushing and you keep holding on
I'm already gone... " - Darren Hayes, Strange Relationship


Oh yes. And today it hit me, what makes a relationship too strange to be worth understanding? Where is the limit that makes a relationship a relationship? And last but not least, am i to blame for having all these weird intercourses with people, or do i have some unnatainable standards about how a relationship should be, and that is why, when the intersection with a person does not comply, i automatically categorize it as weird?
I guess there is no guide book to relationships of any kind. That would be a waste of paper and of binary codes. Because the people interacting are different, that is why their relationship will hardly fall into a template. But still, that makes me think about why can't i opt for normality? I can be normal. I tried it. But here comes the answer... Normal bores me. Yes, normal simple people bore me. I need to go after the intriguing, the mysterious, the misunderstood, the complicated, the emo, the " i'm special " types. Yep, that on one side keeps my life exciting, and on the other, makes me feel depressed and exhausted, as the people that i have mentioned are not the easiest to deal with. And at this point i no longer know whether the fact that i chase the un-chasable and try to reach the unreachable is brave or plain stupid.

2 comments:

adinusa said...

moama, ce post a la "sex and the city" :P

Roxanchik said...

da, stiu :) m-am tsinut bine sa nu folosesc fraza " i cannot help but wonder".... :)))