Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just me

Is it bad to be different? When in Rome, do as Romans do? When is there need to change, for what reasons, to what extent and with what consequences? I know the things that i want to change in me. I know the things i cannot change in me. I know the things i want to keep. Does that makes me inflexible?
I never try to seem what i am not. And maybe it is a mistake, as some things need to be hidden. I do not underline them, but neither do i lie when i am confronted with the facts - i'd rather be honest from the beginning because sooner or later, the truth comes out. But is later better than sooner?
I am not multifaceted, but i am complicated. It is hard for me to know how i will react in different situations, but i know how i will not react. People judge others after themselves. Thus i am judged in so many manners. Why do we put ourselves in the same basket and cannot accept the idea that yes, we are all different? Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else... If you cannot forgive a lie, that does not mean that i can't. If you have certain values, chances are that mine are different.... If you respond badly to cruelty, that does not mean that i will too... I might understand you even if you do not understand me. I might help you even if you do not help me. I might smile sincerely even if behind your smile i see only frustrations and envy..... I might look for you when you have already given up hope on me. Because i am not you.

No comments: